Course begins September 15th 2021:
* Recordings will be made available for course members
Learn how psychedelic medicines are going to affect the mental health paradigm, and how you can stay ahead of the curve to better serve your patients' needs.
The Fundamentals of Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy for Mental Health
4 Week Online Training: How the Re-introduction of Psychedelics Will Affect the Treatment Paradigm of Mental Health in Australia
What is this training program?
This is a live, 4-week online training program on the Fundamentals of Psychedelic-Assisted Therapies.
The course is designed to educate a broad range of medical and mental health professionals, those with lived experience and consumers on the science and clinical use of psychedelics.
This course will help you to stay on the cutting edge of these transformational treatments, and help you understand how these medicines will affect your practice, patience, families and communities.
Why did we create it?
Mind Medicine Australia is Australasia's leading advocacy group for the legalisation of psychedelic-assisted therapy.
Our strategic objectives include educating clinicians, therapists, general practitioners and a range of health-related professions on the impact that psychedelic medicine can — and will — eventually have in shifting the mental health paradigm.
The last few years has seen a significant resurgence of research into Psychedelics as a means of assisting the treatment of mental illness.
This has gone from fringe and underground, to being researched by top-tier educational institutions all over the world, with highly promising data leading to calls for legalisation of these treatments in many jurisdictions.
We believe that all health professionals should have a working understanding of the fundamentals of psychedelic-assisted medicine so as to accelerate the legalisation and ensure high standards of care.
Who is it for?
The following categories of people will find great value in this program:
- General Practitioners
- Addiction, Emergency, Cancer, Palliative Care and Other Specialists
- Social Workers
- Occupational Therapists
- Art Therapists and other Healers
- Students in the fields of mental health
- Health System Regulators
- Mental Health Patients and their Families interested in learning more about these therapies
- Other parties with an interest in developing a better mental health system
Executive Summary of Learning Outcomes
- The science behind how psychedelics affect consciousness, and the how non-ordinary state-based therapies can let your clients achieve faster deeper, longer-lasting healing
- The historical context of how psychedelic substances were first synthesised and why they were banned for general use
- Specifically, how these substances are used to assist psychotherapy in a practical context
- The psycho-biological model of consciousness and how it will create a paradigm shift for all therapists when it eventually becomes mainstream
- How psychedelics can assist your clients in transcending their narrative self and overcome limiting beliefs and compulsive thought patterns
- What to expect in the integration phase, and how to coach your clients through the shift in value system that can disorient them if not managed correctly
- Why traditional therapeutic approaches struggle to address underlying trauma, and why altered state-based approaches to therapy will be the gold standard of healing
- The little known role of psychedelics in human evolution
- The current legal environment in Australia and how Mind Medicine Australia is advancing the field to ensure these treatments are accessible and available to those who are suffering
Week 1: The Science and History of Psychedelic Medicine
Week 2: Theory of Mind & Altered State Based Therapy
Week 3: Frameworks For Integrating the Transcendent Experience
Week 4: The Future of Psychedelic Medicine and Paradigm Shift
How and When Will This Course Take Place?
This course will take place as a series of live online trainings.
If you are unable to attend any sessions live, recordings will be provided.
Week 1: Wednesday September 15th 6pm - 7:30pm (AEST)
Week 2: Wednesday September 22nd 6pm - 7:30pm (AEST)
Week 3: Wednesday September 29th 6pm - 7:30pm (AEST)
Week 4: Thursday October 7th 6pm - 7:30pm (AEDT)Enrol now
About Your Instructors:
Your instructors for this training program are Dr Tra-ill Dowie and Nigel Denning. They are leaders in their field and have decades of experience in teaching and clinical work. They have successfully managed to integrate the best practices from Eastern tradition into the Western scientific paradigm.
Dr Tra-ill Dowie
Dr Tra-ill Dowie holds dual PhDs in Psychiatry and Philosophy from Monash and Melbourne University respectively. He is a Chair of the Australian Counselling Institute and Head of Faculty of Ikon Institute Australia. Dr. Dowie brings an interdisciplinary approach to treating the human condition, that has taken him all over the globe. He has been mentored by the world's foremost experts in altered state based therapies.
Tra-ill's frameworks for understanding the true nature of "mind" are bridging the gap between 'partial paradigms' and bringing a unified approach to treating mental health.
Mr. Nigel Denning
Mr. Nigel Denning is the Director of the Integrative Psychology Clinic, and a pioneer in the domain of altered states therapy and psychedelic medicine. Nigel Denning has studied in Australia and overseas with many of the leaders in psychological research and is himself a pioneer in holotropic breath work, having worked with Stanislav Grof at the Esalen Institute in the United States.
Nigel's interdisciplinary approach to psychology has allowed him to help his patients achieve higher wellbeing and begin to truly thrive, because his work fosters their personal and professional development through enhanced cognitive performance.
CPD and Accreditation
- 15 CPD Hours Non-APS CPD event
- 15 CPD Hours Non-Accredited – MHSW and AASW CPD event
- 15 CPD Hours NON-RANZCP accredited CPD event
- 15 CPD Hours Non-Accredited CPD event
Proudly Recognised by
Mind Medicine Australia’s Fundamentals in Psychedelic Assisted Therapy Course is endorsed as professional development training by the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM), College of Mental Health Nurses and is recognised as professional development and training for qualified members of the Australian Association of Psychologists Inc.,The Division of General Practice, the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia, and the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM). It may also form the basis of individual professional development and training plans.